May 7th, 2020
XS Media is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and maintain a drug-free workplace.
At XS Media, we push the boundaries for Internet service delivering the fastest and most reliable Internet available through fiber optics, while also reaching difficult areas wirelessly that other providers are often unwilling to serve. Excellence in customer service is our most important goal and we measure our success by the feedback from our customers. We are a community-centered company that is driven to make a positive impact on our region. Trust, giving, and committing to the journey are foundations of our company.
XS Media is a high-speed Internet provider who also offers phone, and electrical services. Established in 2001, we were the first high-speed Internet provider in Junction City and Harrisburg and have continued to grow our business in both rural and urban communities. We offer services through a variety of mediums including wireless and fiber. We pioneered “gigabit Internet” in the greater Eugene area and have benefited countless businesses, schools, and the public sector. We’re rapidly growing and need to add to our staff. XS Media is a great company to work for with most of our employees having several years of tenure.
We’re looking for a motivated individual who can help meet the company’s growing needs. Our company is hiring a full-time Field Technician operating out of our office in West Eugene. The position is Monday through Thursday with hours generally between 7am and 5pm. Our company only works 4-day weeks and have every Friday – Sunday off. Position requirements include work on a ladder, aim, align, configure, and install antennas, run cabling, and give customer education on the service they’ve been installed. Will need to work on ladders, rooftops, and troubleshoot connections.
This position will also have significant exposure to our growing fiber network. The technician will be taught terminology and best practices for installing, terminating, and splicing fiber.
This position also requires Field Technicians to climb towers. Must be in good physical condition, cannot be afraid of heights, and the ability to work in all weather conditions at height. Will train and certify.
Field Technicians are required to be part of the on-call rotation. Additional incentives provided while on-call.
Compensation is competitive. Wage increase is given once technician is able to be productive and work on their own. Full benefits include:
- – 4-day work weeks
- – Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- – Contribution towards dependent healthcare premiums or individual HSA plan
- – 27 days PTO annually between vacation, sick, and holidays
- – Additional week PTO given for community service (employee can choose to benefit whatever organization they are passionate about)
- – Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- – Life insurance
- – Retirement benefits
- – FireMed
- – Cell phone stipend
- – Company vehicle may be taken home
- – Uniform provided
- – All tools provided
- – Must be willing to take a background check and drug test
- – Must have clean driving record in the last 6 months
- – Self-motivated
- – Strong communication skills
- – Ability to succeed while working alone and in teams
- – Pass physical from a physician
- – 18 years or older
- – Ability to work in team environment and be flexible to accomplish team goals
- – Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- – Comfortable with heights
- – Professional
- – Well organized
- – Excellent references
- – Experience with telecommunications
- – Experience with low-voltage wiring
- – Experience with satellite installation
- – Experience with fiber optics
- – Understanding of voice technology platforms
- – Working knowledge of the Internet, broadband routers, TCP/IP Networking
Our technicians are expected to work in the field during the COVID outbreak as essential workers. However, we take safety very seriously. Our technicians have N95 masks, portable hand washing stations, hand sanitizer, gloves, and other PPE to make their job safe. We also currently have a “no entry” policy for residential customers and maintain 6 foot working distances while on jobs with others. Safety and the health of our employees is our number 1 priority. We’re happy to discuss this further during the interview process if you have any questions, but you must be willing to follow our safety guidelines and be willing to work as an essential worker. Our training plan will be modified with safety and COVID in mind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00/hour
To apply please email resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com